HANDS ON COUNTRY ECO TOUR
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, Queensland
- Product code: ECO3
Discover an unforgettable Indigenous cultural experience right at the door-step of Cairns.
The Mandingalbay Yidinji (MY) people have lived in harmony with their environment for tens of thousands of years.
This tour allows you to immerse yourself in the world of the MY people, visiting places of significance and sourcing native food in the rainforest.
You will be welcomed with a traditional smoking and cleansing ceremony.
MY people will personally guide you, sharing ancient knowledge and insights into Indigenous customs. Guests gain an understanding of the connection
between Country and Aboriginal culture.
Incredibly, this authentic experience of Indigenous life is a short 15 minute vessel transfer from the Cairns Reef
• Departs Cairns Reef Terminal 9am–12pm
- Experience a traditional Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony in the forest
• Light refreshments (coconut damper, tea and fresh fruit)
• Includes Vessel transfers
• Minimum age 5 years
• Wear sturdy, flat footwear and sun protection
• Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, camera and prescribed medications
- Biting insects can occur at forested sites throughout the tour. We recommend wearing light, long sleeve shirts and pants/skirts as well as bringing along personal insect repellent.
• Operates on demand, not including Christmas Day